RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- KEXP and KCMU live performance recordings, radio programming, on-demand content and related materials (1972-present).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Still image, Text, Two-dimensional moving image, and Sounds
- Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Digital audio file (including MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc.), VHS (including SVHS and VHS-C), Data cartridge, and Text document
- Production materials documenting Smithsonian's thirteen-part program on the role of radio in transforming the African American community in the twentieth century. The program was produced in 1996 by Jacquie Gales Webb for Smithsonian Productions, with assistance from the AAAMC. The collection contains over 400 hours of interviews and historical aircheck tapes in addition to articles, research files, program scripts, and transcripts. The audio interviews feature conversations with over 150 well-known disc jockeys, radio professionals, record company executives, journalists, and scholars. The historical airchecks include station identifications and jingles, radio interviews with prominent Black figures, coverage of historical events, and programs highlighting or influenced by the contributions of Black performers, disc jockeys, and other important persons in radio.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, and Text
- Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape, Data cartridge, Optical disc (Including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Text document, and Data disk (floppy disk)
- 4.3 linear feet (10 boxes) + 297 audiocassettes (DAT : digital, stereo), 168 audiocassettes (analog), 9 8mm data cartridges, 7 audio discs (CD-R), 3 data disks (1.44 MB floppies)
- Archives of African American Music and Culture
- Online finding aid:
- View on webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu