RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- The KSFO Collection consists of audiovisual material and ephemera from this San Francisco radio station's years owned by Golden West Broadcasting, 1956-1983. KSFO was known for their news and sports coverage, as well as the voice talents of such personalities as Don Sherwood, Russ Hodges, Lon Simmons, and Al "Jazzbo" Collins. The majority of this collection involves station marketing, promotions, and fundraisers, although there are airchecks and other broadcast recordings. Production library material includes jingles, themes, music beds, promotional spots, and advertising. Physical media in the KSFO collection is primarily audio on tape (around 650 objects), with some video (largely U-Matic cassettes), 16mm film (four reels), photographs, slides, and ephemera (eight scrapbooks of printed matter).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, Text, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Polyester open reel tape, Motion picture film, U-matic (including U-matic S), Photographic print, and Text document
- 36 boxes
- Stanford University, Archive of Recorded Sound
- WRAS Radio records, 1966-2009, contain materials documenting the Georgia State University student-run radio station. The collection consists of materials pertaining to day-to-day operations, tower construction and relocation, playlists, logs, news clippings, ephemera, station produced sound recordings (interviews, promos, drops) and sound recording submissions for the Georgia Music Show. Notable in the collection is the almost complete run of general manager files documenting the station’s activities under each manager.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, and Text
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 45rpm disc, Optical disc (Including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), MiniDisc, Polyester open reel tape, Photographic print, and Text document
- 8 linear feet, 900 Optical and 45rpm discs
- Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives