RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- The Arthur B. Church KMBC Radio Collection contains multiple episodes of The Brush Creek Follies featuring the Rhythm Riders, Oklahoma Wranglers, and Midland Minstrels. Most of the collection is related to the events of WWII, FDR, and Harry Truman, D-Day invasion coverage, reports on the signing of treaties, the dropping of the atomic bomb, coverage of the activities of President Roosevelt and Eisenhower. Other highlights include broadcast about the Cold War, Harry Truman's speeches to a multitude of different groups, events at the White House, some of Roosevelt's fireside chats, national news coverage, film footage of KMBC's dedication as well as a segment of the Microphone Personalities, recordings of Pun and Punishment (9/22/60), coverage of Truman and Churchill at Fulton, MO, Churchill's famed "Iron Curtain" speech, recordings of the Texas Rangers. Also included are W.S. Hedge interviews Arthur B. Clarke (6/22/66), KMBC's 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (3/24//48), Church's last KMBC broadcast (1/15/51).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), Spoken word, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Lacquer disc, Metal disc, and Motion picture film
- 2,622 items
- Marr Sound Archives
- A description of 110,000 recorded radio programs.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), Spoken word, Text, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Metal disc, LaserDisc, MiniDisc, Cylinder, Sound wire reel, Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Paper open reel tape, and Digital audio file (including MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc.)
- J. David Goldin