RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- The Don Kennedy papers contain writings, audio recordings, photographs, printed materials, and awards related to Kennedy's television and radio broadcasting career. The bulk of the materials relate to the production of the Big Band Jump radio shows between 1989 and 2013. These include scripts, cue sheets, newsletters, and broadcast masters of the weekly programs. The papers include some full-length interviews with musicians and other big band-era figures that were subsequently edited for broadcast. The collection also includes promotional and photographic materials from his work with television station WATL-TV, 1976-1978; radio stations WKLS FM, 1960-1970, and the Georgia Network, 1972-1982; as well as his time as children's television host "Officer Don," 1956-1969.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, Text, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Optical disc (Including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), MiniDisc, Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Photographic print, and Text document
- 22 linear feet, 640 Optical discs, 300 Pressed LP discs
- Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives
- Online finding aid:
- View on digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu
- A description of 110,000 recorded radio programs.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), Spoken word, Text, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Metal disc, LaserDisc, MiniDisc, Cylinder, Sound wire reel, Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Paper open reel tape, and Digital audio file (including MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc.)
- J. David Goldin