RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- The Arthur B. Church KMBC Radio Collection contains multiple episodes of The Brush Creek Follies featuring the Rhythm Riders, Oklahoma Wranglers, and Midland Minstrels. Most of the collection is related to the events of WWII, FDR, and Harry Truman, D-Day invasion coverage, reports on the signing of treaties, the dropping of the atomic bomb, coverage of the activities of President Roosevelt and Eisenhower. Other highlights include broadcast about the Cold War, Harry Truman's speeches to a multitude of different groups, events at the White House, some of Roosevelt's fireside chats, national news coverage, film footage of KMBC's dedication as well as a segment of the Microphone Personalities, recordings of Pun and Punishment (9/22/60), coverage of Truman and Churchill at Fulton, MO, Churchill's famed "Iron Curtain" speech, recordings of the Texas Rangers. Also included are W.S. Hedge interviews Arthur B. Clarke (6/22/66), KMBC's 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (3/24//48), Church's last KMBC broadcast (1/15/51).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), Spoken word, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Lacquer disc, Metal disc, and Motion picture film
- 2,622 items
- Marr Sound Archives
- The records contain correspondence, memos, scrapbooks, news clippings, publicity materials, program log books, scripts, radio engineering lesson plans, contracts, licenses, photographs, sound recordings, moving image recordings, transcripts, and artifacts relating to the early history of WSB Radio, to WSB performers, programs, awards, and sponsored events (such as news workshops and career conferences for students), and to WSB-FM and WSB-TV.
- Content types:
- Notated music, Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, Text, Three-dimensional form, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Pressed 45rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Analog audiocassette, Polyester open reel tape, Motion picture film, Photographic print, Photographic negative, and Text document
- 24 linear feet, 250 Lacquer discs, 40,000 Pressed 78rpm, LP, and 45rpm discs
- Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives
- Online finding aid:
- View on digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu