RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- The KSFO Collection consists of audiovisual material and ephemera from this San Francisco radio station's years owned by Golden West Broadcasting, 1956-1983. KSFO was known for their news and sports coverage, as well as the voice talents of such personalities as Don Sherwood, Russ Hodges, Lon Simmons, and Al "Jazzbo" Collins. The majority of this collection involves station marketing, promotions, and fundraisers, although there are airchecks and other broadcast recordings. Production library material includes jingles, themes, music beds, promotional spots, and advertising. Physical media in the KSFO collection is primarily audio on tape (around 650 objects), with some video (largely U-Matic cassettes), 16mm film (four reels), photographs, slides, and ephemera (eight scrapbooks of printed matter).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, Text, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Polyester open reel tape, Motion picture film, U-matic (including U-matic S), Photographic print, and Text document
- 36 boxes
- Stanford University, Archive of Recorded Sound
- The records contain correspondence, memos, scrapbooks, news clippings, publicity materials, program log books, scripts, radio engineering lesson plans, contracts, licenses, photographs, sound recordings, moving image recordings, transcripts, and artifacts relating to the early history of WSB Radio, to WSB performers, programs, awards, and sponsored events (such as news workshops and career conferences for students), and to WSB-FM and WSB-TV.
- Content types:
- Notated music, Performed music, Spoken word, Still image, Text, Three-dimensional form, and Two-dimensional moving image
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Pressed 45rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Analog audiocassette, Polyester open reel tape, Motion picture film, Photographic print, Photographic negative, and Text document
- 24 linear feet, 250 Lacquer discs, 40,000 Pressed 78rpm, LP, and 45rpm discs
- Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives
- Online finding aid:
- View on digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu