RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
You searched for:
Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD)
Remove constraint Format: Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD)
Pressed LP disc
Remove constraint Format: Pressed LP disc
Remove constraint Genre: Folk
- K-R-A-B were once the call letters of a non-commercial, educational FM radio station (107.7mhz) in Seattle, Washington. Going on the air in 1962, it was the fourth listener-supported station in the country. The KRAB Archive is the only authoritative online source of information documenting the history, philosophy and accomplishments of the station. The online collection contains digitized audio, text publications such as program guides, flyers and posters, photographs, correspondence, FCC filings, and short articles about the station. The collection also contains some ephemera and audio of other KRAB Nebula stations, as well as a listing of online archival resources of other "community" radio stations.
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), Spoken word, Still image, and Text
- Pressed LP disc, Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Analog audiocassette, Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Open reel tape (unknown material), Digital audio file (including MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc.), Photographic print, and Text document
- Online: >600 hours of digitized audio; >1,000 program units; >320 digitized program guide pamphlets or tabloids; comprising >30gb of online disk storage. Physical: >1,200 7" reels of audiotape; >500 cassette tapes; >300 8x5" 12 page program guides; >400 8x11" multifold tabloid program guides; Misc news clippings, posters, flyers, brochures, and Board of Director minutes.
- Charles Reinsch
- Online finding aid:
- View on www.krabarchive.com
- With over 300,000 recordings on tape, disc, cylinder, and piano roll, the Historical Music Recordings Collection is both the depository for University of Texas at Austin recordings and those of select orchestras, radio stations, national and international arts organizations. Named collections within the HMRC include: Irving Feld Radio Dramas; UT Radio House Transcription Discs; Mary Henrietta Chase Collection of Bing Crosby Lacquer Discs; KUT open-reel tape; Longhorn Radio Network open-reel tape; KMFA "20th century Romantics"; Austin Symphony Orchestra; Houston Symphony Orchestra; HMRC-CDs; 16-inch transcription discs (general collection).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), and Spoken word
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Pressed 45rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Metal disc, LaserDisc, Cylinder, Analog audiocassette, Digital compact cassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Motion picture film, VHS (including SVHS and VHS-C), Betamax, U-matic (including U-matic S), Text document, and Piano rolls
- 300,000 items
- The University of Texas at Austin, Fine Arts Library