RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- Julian Price was a businessman, journalist, and civic leader. A native of Greensboro, NC, Price was the grandson of Jefferson Standard Insurance executive Julian Price (1867-1946). Price lived in Asheville, NC, from 1990 until his death in 2001, using his extensive wealth and philanthropic spirit to fuel a revitalization of Asheville’s downtown. Price was very interested in radio and print journalism, and recorded a number of interviews for broadcast on public radio stations. This collection contains over 50 cassette recordings of Price’s radio programs.
- Content types:
- Spoken word and Performed music
- Analog audiocassette, Optical disc (Including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Text document, Photographic negative, Photographic print, and VHS (including SVHS and VHS-C)
- 58 audiocassettes + 63 optical discs
- Special Collections, D. Hiden Ramsey Library