RPTF/ARSC Sound Collections Database
- Primarily interviews and live musical performances featuring international newsmakers to local musicians. Includes nearly complete (app. 450 hours) archive of live-performance show, "Sandy Bradley's POTLUCK," aired on KUOW in Seattle and about 50 non-commercial US stations between 1984-1995. Also hundreds of hours of live folk, classical and world-music concerts from Puget Sound region. A large portion of this material has been archived in digital (.wav/44.1/16) format (done in 2008).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Spoken word, and Still image
- Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), MiniDisc, Analog audiocassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Digital audio file (including MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc.), Betamax, Text document, and PDFs
- > 1000 reel-to-reel analogue tapes, several hundred DATs, small number of cassettes, MDs, CDs
- KUOW-FM / Puget Sound Public Radio / University of Washington
- With over 300,000 recordings on tape, disc, cylinder, and piano roll, the Historical Music Recordings Collection is both the depository for University of Texas at Austin recordings and those of select orchestras, radio stations, national and international arts organizations. Named collections within the HMRC include: Irving Feld Radio Dramas; UT Radio House Transcription Discs; Mary Henrietta Chase Collection of Bing Crosby Lacquer Discs; KUT open-reel tape; Longhorn Radio Network open-reel tape; KMFA "20th century Romantics"; Austin Symphony Orchestra; Houston Symphony Orchestra; HMRC-CDs; 16-inch transcription discs (general collection).
- Content types:
- Performed music, Sounds (Other than music & language), and Spoken word
- Pressed LP disc, Pressed 78rpm disc, Pressed 45rpm disc, Lacquer disc, Optical disc (including CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD), Metal disc, LaserDisc, Cylinder, Analog audiocassette, Digital compact cassette, Digital Audio Tape (DAT), Polyester open reel tape, Acetate open reel tape, Motion picture film, VHS (including SVHS and VHS-C), Betamax, U-matic (including U-matic S), Text document, and Piano rolls
- 300,000 items
- The University of Texas at Austin, Fine Arts Library